Call for Penumbra and Penumbra Online Readings
PenumbraOnline is now spotlighting previous Penumbra or PenumbraOnline authors by giving them the opportunity to read aloud their Penumbra published poems or excerpts from prose pieces. We ask that these readings be in video or audio format and encourage the submissions to be as creative as the authors wish, granted they stay within our guidelines that will be stated below. These readings will also be posted on our website and Penumbra’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages. In order for your reading to be accepted, submitters must follow the guidelines found at the bottom of this page. If you would like one of your poems to be considered for our readings, contact Autumn Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea Wagner at email@example.com and they will reach out to you if your piece is chosen.
Guidelines for readings:
- Any readings with racist, homophobic, transphobic, or hateful visuals or speech will be immediately disqualified.
- Explicit depictions of gore or violence will be immediately disqualified.
- Readings must be five minutes or less.
- Readings must be of pieces that have already been published by Penumbra or Penumbra Online.
- Applicants can send a recording/video of their reading or a document of the piece they wish to read in their submission prior to their recorded reading.
- Special focus will be given to readings that highlight self-love or love as part of our 2021 two part Love Series.
- Please only submit one reading per submitter.
- If you would like your social media handles used during the readings, please include them in your email.
- Any music used needs to be open access or your own original piece.