Call for Penumbra and Penumbra Online Readings
Submissions Always Open!
Penumbra Online is now spotlighting previous Penumbra and Penumbra Online authors by giving them the opportunity to read aloud their Penumbra published pieces. We ask that these readings be in video or audio format and encourage the submissions to be as creative as the authors wish, granted they stay within our guidelines that will be stated below. These readings will also be posted on our website and Penumbra’s Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages. For a reading to be accepted, submitters must follow the guidelines below. If you would like one of your pieces to be considered for our readings, contact Andrea Wagner at email@example.com and they will reach out to you if your piece is chosen.
Guidelines for readings:
- Any readings with racist, homophobic, transphobic, or hateful visuals or speech will be immediately disqualified.
- Explicit depictions of gore or violence will be immediately disqualified.
- Readings must be 140 seconds, or two minutes and 20 seconds maximum. Excerpts for prose pieces are encouraged!
- Readings must be of pieces that have already been published by Penumbra or Penumbra Online.
- Applicants can send a recording/video of their reading or a document of the piece they wish to read in their submission prior to their recorded reading.
- Please only submit one reading per submitter.
- If you would like your social media handles used during the readings, please include them in your email.
- Any music used needs to be open access or your own original piece.